HOLY CROSS PARISH
Monsignor Hugh Bradley: Parish Priest.
Father Johnson Mathew Assistant Priest
113 Dixon Avenue. Glasgow G42 8ER.
0141 423 0105
UPDATE 6 SEPTEMBER 2020
Due to the current restrictions in place in Glasgow we are fortunate to still be able to celebrate Mass in church. We have to make sure everyone is safe. Please give a safe distance between different households while waiting to enter church. On entering church mask on, please stand back from Table to give your details. Then sanitise your hands. This again is to protect yourself and those around. Please do not change seats after you sit down
By carrying out these safety measures we will be safe and be able to continue having Mass in church
HOLYCROSS PUBLIC MASS
Daily Mass continues each day at 9.30am. Sunday we have a Vigil Mass on the Saturday Evening at 6pm and on Sunday morning at 9.30am and 11.30am. These times and frequencies will be subject to review. The maximum number of attendees at each Mass will be 50. The church will open 30mins before each Mass. This is to allow volunteers to prepare the church for Mass. Please do not gather early outside, as you will be unable to enter before then. We are thinking of bad weather and social distancing. Your obligation to attend Mass on a Sunday continues to be suspended. Every Mass will be streamed on the parish You Tube Channel. You can also google Holy Cross Crosshill to find the link. You should then click on the link with the small red box, saying LIVE. You can subscribe to our youtube channel and that will let you know when we are about to stream Mass. Live Streaming is on all the time so you can make a ‘virtual visit’
To enable Mass to take place safely we have to ensure strict compliance with the health and safety conditions that are in force. At all Masses Pass Keepers will be present and those attending Mass must follow their directions. In particular:-
- If you have to queue to enter the church a distance of 2 metres must be maintained between each person or household group.
- Please continue to observe social distancing on entering church and please keep your face covering on, to make sure your nose and mouth are covered especially when talking.
- All attendees must provide their name and contact information. Contact information can be phone number, email address or postal address. In compliance with Data Protection legislation this information will only be held and used to allow contact tracing should any Covid 19 infections be identified among our churchgoers.
- All attendees must sanitise their hands on entering the church.
- A face covering must be brought to mass and worn. (Holy Cross cannot supply face coverings for attendees and those without a face covering will have to be denied entry).
- Seating is limited due to the requirements of social distancing. If the Mass is busy then Pass Keepers will direct attendees to specific seats to ensure best use is made of the limited seating available. You will not be able to choose your seat.
- In the event of reaching the maximum capacity of 50, entry will have to be refused. This is not something that is desired but must be acknowledged.
- Household groups will be able to sit together.
- The Eucharist will be distributed. Attendees must only come forward when directed by Pass Keepers to ensure that social distancing is maintained. Communion can only be taken by hand. This is to keep you and the Priest safe. Receive the host in your left hand, step 2 paces away from the Priest and then put it in your month.
Please keep your distance from the person in front of you.
Please do not change your seat during Mass.
Access to votive candles will continue to be restricted due to the risk of fumes from hand sanitiser being flammable. A Pass Keeper will be available to light candles at the Lady of Fatima statue.
- The church will have to close after each Mass to allow it to be cleaned.
This situation and the restrictions being imposed on Public Mass are obviously very new to the parish and the situation will have to be closely monitored and if necessary, adjustments made. However, we can only continue to have public Masses if we have volunteers who can act as Pass Keepers. At the present we only have a very small number of volunteers and as time goes on work and family commitments will put strain on these volunteers and reduce numbers further. If you can help out as a Pass Keeper at any Mass please contact myself either by phone on 0141 423 0105 or by email email@example.com.
There is a donations box as you leave the Church. At weekends Passkeepers will also have baskets as you leave the church to give a donation, if you can. Thankyou.
I ask you all to check our website and Facebook pages for further updates. Notices will also be put up outside the church with mass times and any updated information.
Monsignor Hugh Bradley
LIVESTREAMING FROM HOLY CROSS.
Visit You Tube channel Holy Cross Crosshill YouTube . Streaming each Mass.
The Streaming is available at all times if you just wish to visit.
Let us pray for one another and for our World.
Our Lady, Health of the Sick Pray for us.
Mgr Bradley and Fr Johnson.