HOLY CROSS PARISH
Monsignor Hugh Bradley: Parish Priest.
Father Johnson Mathew Assistant Priest
113 Dixon Avenue. Glasgow G42 8ER.
0141 423 0105
OPENING OF HOLYCROSS FOR MASS
From Wednesday 15 July 2020 public Mass will recommence in Holy Cross Church with Mass at our normal time of 9.30am. Thereafter it is hoped that we will have our morning Mass Monday to Saturday at 9.30am. For each Sunday we will have a Vigil Mass on the Saturday Evening at 6pm and on Sunday morning at 9.30 am and 11.30am. These times and frequencies will be subject to review. The maximum number of attendees at each Mass will be 50. Your obligation to attend Mass on a Sunday will continue to be suspended. Every Mass will be streamed on the parish You Tube Channel.
To enable Mass to take place safely we have to ensure strict compliance with the health and safety conditions that are in force. At all Masses Pass Keepers will be present and those attending Mass must follow their directions. In particular:-
- If you have to queue to enter the church a distance of 2 metres must be maintained between each person or household group.
- All attendees must provide their name and contact information. Contact information can be phone number, email address or postal address. In compliance with Data Protection legislation this information will only be held and used to allow contact tracing should any Covid 19 infections be identified among our churchgoers.
- All attendees must sanitise their hands on entering the church.
- A face covering must be brought to mass and worn. (Holy Cross cannot supply face coverings for attendees and those without a face covering will have to be denied entry.)
- Seating is limited due to the requirements of social distancing. If the Mass is busy then Pass Keepers will direct attendees to specific seats to ensure best use is made of the limited seating available. You will not be able to choose your seat.
- In the event of reaching the maximum capacity of 50 entry will have to be refused. This is not something that is desired but must be acknowledged.
- Household groups will be able to sit together.
- The Eucharist will be distributed. Attendees must only come forward when directed by Pass Keepers to ensure that social distancing is maintained.
- Access to votive candles will continue to restricted due to the risk of fumes from hand sanitiser being flammable. A Pass Keeper will be available to light candles at the Lady of Fatima statue.
- The church will have to close after each Mass to allow it to be cleaned.
This situation and the restrictions being imposed on public Mass are obviously very new to the parish and the situation will have to be closely monitored and if necessary, adjustments made. However, we can only continue to have public Masses if we have volunteers who can act as Pass Keepers. At the present we only have a very small number of volunteers and as time goes on work and family commitments will put strain on these volunteers and reduce numbers further. If you can help out as a Pass Keeper at any Mass please contact myself either by phone on 0141 423 0105 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I ask you all to check our website and Facebook pages for further updates. Notices will also be put up outside the church with mass times and any updated information.
Monsignor Hugh Bradley
LIVESTREAMING FROM HOLY CROSS.
Visit You Tube channel Holy Cross Crosshill YouTube . Streaming each Mass.
The Streaming is available at all times if you just wish to visit.
There is a Donations box at the exit door. Thank you.
OPPORUNITY TO DONATE TO HOLY CROSS
The Archdiocese has set up a donation platform to allow you to make donations to the Archdiocese or to parishes. If you wish to make a donation to Holy Cross parish, please follow the link below and complete the details. It is a secure and efficient way to gift your parish collection or to make an extra payment in these difficult times.
Let us pray for one another and for our World.
Our Lady, Health of the Sick Pray for us.
Mgr Bradley and Fr Johnson.